PETS WEST ALEDO is the premier training facility in the Dallas / Fort Worth areas of North Texas. Our clients come from Weatherford, Aledo, Fort Worth, Willow Park, Hudson Oaks, Burleson, Azle, Springtown, Crowley, West Fort Worth, Benbrook, Granbury and beyond. Pets West Aledo offers the following dog training classes on a regular basis. Classes are 6 weeks long, meeting once per week.
- PUPPY KINDERGARTEN ($100) – Starting as early as 10 weeks, learning basic puppy skills. Puppies will learn to walk on a leash and, we lay the groundwork for beginner. Confidence building, meeting new people and other dogs is a large part of this class. We believe socialization is the keystone to puppy development. Pups must be 10 weeks old and have their second round of shots.
- BEGINNER OBEDIENCE ($120) – teaches good companion skills such as heeling, coming when called, standing for simple physical examination and staying in both a sit and down position with a group of dogs.
- INTERMEDIATE OBEDIENCE ($120)– (Beginner Obedience a prerequisite) – In this class the beginner exercises are polished and new exercises, including stand for exam, figure 8, long sit and long down with handler across the room and a recall with the handler across the room will be introduced. Teams will also begin off-lead work. Emphasis in all exercises will be placed on developing positive teamwork between the dog and the handler. Proofing of all exercises is done to teach the dog to respond correctly regardless of what is going on around him/her.
- TUNNELS –Tunnels class is motivational and builds confidence in most dogs, while building a strong team bond between dog and handler. Both dogs and their owners love this class!! If you are interested in trying agility in the comfort of the indoors, this is the class for you. Tunnels class is open to all dogs over 6 months of age that have basic obedience skills.
- JUMPERS –Jumpers class is motivational and builds confidence in most dogs, while building a strong team bond between dog and handler. Both dogs and their owners love this class!! If you are interested in trying agility in the comfort of the indoors, this is the class for you. Jumpers class is open to all dogs over 6 months of age that have basic obedience skills.
- NOVICE POLISH OBEDIENCE ($120) (Intermediate Obedience and approval of approval of instructor required). Students who are interested in beginning their competitive obedience careers will continue to polish and proof all novice level obedience exercises. Focus on teamwork and attention continues and as the teams progress, a foundation is laid for Open and Utility level exercises. Obedience and Rally Ring procedures are addressed in the class. Novice Polish is limited to 12 dog/handler teams.
- UTILITY (TBD)– (A CDX Title is REQUIRED as well as instructor approval) Utility is the most challenging class in competitive obedience. It includes scent discrimination, directed retrieves, jumping and silent signal exercises.
- OPEN (TBD)- (A CD Title is REQUIRED as well as instructor approval) Open is the next level of competitive obedience. Drop on recall, retrieve dumbbell both on the flat ad over a jump, signal exercises and broad jump. Open is fun and very challenging; the dog learns to work away from handler.
- CONFORMATION ($10)– Also referred to as “handling” class. This class is a “drop in” class. This class is preparing dog and handler for showing in the breed ring. Correct ring procedure, correct examination procedure as well as movement is taught to make the team successful. Issues are addressed and corrected. This class is an excellent way to start a show puppy’s career or to get the older dogs used to the noise etc. This class is taught by an AKC Conformation judge.